Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Knit Along!

Here is my temperature scarf so far! I thought I would share on the summer solstice week. It has been fun although there are a few times where I fell behind and had to do some research. One row per day in a color matching the temperature. It has been fun this year because the temperatures have been odd so there are some green days in the winter when it was in the 50s and some red in the early spring due to 90s!

This is my pioneer girl shawl! I am so excited because I learned (am learning!) how to make an applied edging. I am almost done! My notes are here.

I am still working my way through the Beatrix Potter biography. Its really good but my reading time is right before bed! There are days when I can only manage a page or 2 before I have to turn out the light.

What are you knitting and reading?

Joining Ginny at Small Things for the Yarn Along.

3 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to do a Temp scarf but I fear I would fall so far behind! Applied edgings are fun. I just love how they look although they can take quite a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been about a week behind at times. I have 2 new day care babies who are less than 6 months old so sometimes its hard to keep up! Its pretty easy to catch up when I get a minute though.

      Delete
  2. Ooohhh...I love your temperature scarf! I made a Sky Blanket last year that was so much fun!

    I also read before bed so am right there with you in only getting a page or two read each night. It makes for some very slow reading but it really is the only chance I get!

    Hope you have a lovely week ahead!

    ReplyDelete