Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Yarn Along


I started my temperature scarf on January 1. We have a cold snap going on...well, I think actually its probably seasonable temperatures and we are not used to it! I have the first little bit done. I am using a natural color to start and to designate the months.

Now that the Christmas knitting is done I have gone back to my pioneer girl shawl. I am still in the easy part of just increasing on the ends with garter stitch in the middle so its "growing" pretty well! I just finished A Wilder Rose which is a novel based on the life of Rose Wilder Lane. It was really interesting and I enjoyed it. Now I am back to reading the series about Beatrix Potter. I am sensing a theme here!

Maddie and I just got back from the library. She requested a large pile of books for research on her 4H Public Presentation Project for March. Our future ranger has picked a subject near and dear to her heart....John Muir and the National Parks. I believe she is going to try and work in a part about how to behave in a National Park...as in come and look and enjoy then leave it for someone else to do the same.



Joining Ginny for the Yarn Along today.

5 comments:

  1. Your scarf is very pretty and I am very intrigued with the pattern so will be looking it up. We are experiencing a cold snap too and I am thrilled!
    I love Beatrix Potter, have you seen the movie about her? It was quite good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend who recently finished her temperature scarf. Such a great idea. I have mine on the list for next year. It's been quite cold here too - warming back up to the 40's today which will be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a neat idea...temperature scarf! I like it. very clever

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic idea for a scarf!! It's very pretty as is the shawl :-)

    ReplyDelete