Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Trees and Knitting!


This week we are madly working on 4H projects so I am not doing much in the way of reading for myself! Don Quixote is almost done but more often my nose has been in one of these tree identification books checking on Maddie's work. We are using Tree Finder and National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Trees: Eastern Region. Maddie made her own tree identification notebook. We used scrap paper and modge podge for the cover and this form from Half a Hundred Acre Wood. It came out beautifully!

I am still working on Maddie's sweater but it is flying along nicely. I have about 3 more inches to go to get to the bottom then I will start the ribbing.  It is however getting a bit difficult to carry along and I have some classes coming up along with hanging around at the 4H building at the fair so I decided to start some socks. These are also for Maddie and are from Knitpick's Felici, a self striping yarn. She wanted the wizard colorway but that was sold out. I thought Gummy Bear looked like fun so I got that one instead! I am using my favorite Ann Budd pattern so the socks will be the same as these.

What are you working on? 

Joining Ginny at Small Things for the Yarn Along.

4 comments:

  1. Maddies sweater looks great, still loving the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great color for your sweater! That's a really sweet pattern, I'm favoriting that one on ravelry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mm your projects all look good, including the trees!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blue colors in the sweater.

    ReplyDelete